What makes us different
The Hallwang Clinic is a specialized oncology clinic and we help patients to navigate in a very difficult situation. In contrast to the so-called "alternative clinics", our medical team consists of board certified oncologists. This is a basic but major quality criteria. Unfortunately, there are several clinics world-wide where cancer patients are treated by non-oncologists.
Our medical team consists of an innovative interdisciplinary team of board-certified and specialized oncologists, hematologists, internal medicine specialists, naturopaths, specialized psychologists and oncology nurses, working in a collaborative university hospital and university institute network. Our board-certified oncologists have gained experience at well-known university institutes and university hospitals in Germany and world-wide, including the Center of Integrated Oncology of the University Hospital Cologne and the University Hospital Bonn (Germany), the Dana Farber Cancer Institute of the Harvard Medical School in Boston (USA), the Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center of the Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore (USA), the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute (Australia) and other renowned cancer institutes. Furthermore, our specialized medical oncologists are members of the European Society for Medical Oncology, carrying the ESMO certificate of Oncology, and / or are members of the German Society of Hematology and Oncology. Many of our physicians have an intensive research and academic background in cancer medicine, particularly Immuno-Oncology. We do have an outpatient center as well, which is also fully covered by an oncology team. Our medical oncology team follows the continuously updated international guidelines for cancer therapies.
Our philosophy is to design a personalized treatment plan for every patient combining:
- State-of-the-art diagnostics (incl. PET/CT/MRI/MR-PET imaging, chemosensitivity testing of the next generation – 2D-model, immune profiling, genomic profiling (NGS/Amplifications/Translocations) and TAA-Screening, among others)
- Patient-individualized treatment options with access to cutting-edge precision-based therapies, including targeted antibody treatments, vaccination strategies, and other immunotherapies
- Optimized guideline approved therapy protocols, including modern interventional therapeutic options (e.g. CyberKnife, HIFU, nuclear medicine targeted therapies, among others)
- Excellent nutrition and physiotherapy according to your needs
- Complementary cancer therapies, including naturopathic supplementation and treatments including orthomolecular medicine, detox infusions, whole body hyperthermia, hyperbaric oxygen therapy etc.
- Psychological support
- And a warm and caring environment
- Intensive monitoring possibilities, including high nurse to patient ratio